Sign in to follow this  
rochelle2013

CD-R won't play in car or computer

I used CDBurnerXP to burn music onto a CD-R. It said it was successful. When I put the CD into my computer, it opens in Explorer to show all of the media files on the CD, and they all seem to be fine. However it does not play on iTunes and it will not play in the car stereo. I'm a little upset because I have used 3 CDs trying to figure out what's going on and now those are just trash, completely wasted and unusable. Please someone explain to me why this is happening.

It used to be that many CD-Rs would not play in car decks. Early players were not set up to read them well. An early player I had would play some and not others regardless that I was using the exact same blanks and burning program. I upgraded to a changer that was specifically designed for factory AND CD-Rs and have never had a problem with discs not playing. This could be a factor for you folks on this one along with the file system suggestion.