Can no longer burn on newest versions

Hello,

I was running an older version, perhaps 4.2 or 4.3.  I recently upgraded to 4.5 and found that I could not burn any discs.  I gave up for a little while and came back to it this morning, saw that there was another new update out, upgraded to the very newest one as of now, still the problem persists.  I have tried both data and audio discs.  The program says preparing to write disc, and just sits there.  After about 3 minutes, it fails with the following error:

Burning error occurred

An error occurred while burnign the disc.  Most likely the disc is not usable.  Usually, these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality.

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040275

Between the two versions and activities I have tried 7 discs now, admittedly from the same spindle, however, ImgBurn still seems to burn discs without issues.  My drive is an ASUS DRW-24B1ST.  Thanks much for the help and hard work. 

• 3 months later...

I'm experiencing a similar isue since version 4.5.1.xxxx. However for me this error message appears only during burning a disc if no final check of the disc is done - and if I activate final check than after checking the disc. I have tested this with 2 different burners (LG-DVDRAM GSA H-62N & LG-BD-RE GGW-H20L) both with the same result.

I also tested this with different media all with the same results:

- all were DVD+R

- Single and double layer media

- Verbatim, Platinum discs

I have created a log of my last try and uploaded it to pastebin.com:

-> http://pastebin.com/L0HkpphW

For me - at the moment - CDBurnerXP isn't useable any more.I would appreciate your help, as this is really starting to annoy me.

Can you explain your issue a bit more please? First of all, post the full error message you see. Also explain what "no final check of the disc is done" means and what data you are trying to burn.

I think my problem may be related with this. I have a new portable computer where I have installed CDBurnerXP in April, and I have also used the same file at the time to update the version on my desktop. None of the disks I burned since then work on my car radio, regardless of which disks I use or which drive I create them with. The files are there, I can see them in Windows, but I get a "CD error" on the car radio when trying to read the mp3's. It's the same with the more recent version. So, it seems that this can only be related with the software, since the car's cd player can still read the old disks. Where could I get an older version to get this figured out for good? Even if it's a three or more years old version it will do, since I never had problems with CDburnerXP before.

• 4 weeks later...

I now did, but still get the message "The session cannot be imported, because the session's file system is not supported. The continuation of multissession discs is only possible for discs burned by CDBurnerXP." when I try to continue a disk with files recorded by a previous version.

But this happens regardless of the file system. I still haven't tried burning in ISO (will do it today), but the fact that this happens may mean that something else is the problem, right?

Burning the discs in ISO/Joliet, I can now play them on the car CD-mp3 player. So my problem is solved, for which I give thanks. It's strange though, that the older ones were recorded in UDF, with an older version of CDXP and worked fine. And it's also strange that now, after I record a CD, put another one on the drive (an empty Sony CD-R), choose the files and press burn, the disk is ejected and I get this message: "An error occurred while burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable. Usually, these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality." If I put the disk back and restart CDXP, I can burn it without problems. But after I burn one, I must re-start CDXP for the next one, or else I get the same message again.

Earlier versions used the ISO/Joliet/UDF bridged file system, which is not supported anymore (or yet, since I plan to re-introduce it as soon as possible).

I cannot reproduce the error you mentioned though. Could you share the error details too?

And now this one, after the disk was burned:

The same message as before, with exception of HRESULT: 080040275

And then the "Burning process successfully completed" message.

The disc shows no files, and has no free space.

• 1 year later...

I also updated from an older version to the newer one and it gave me the same HRESULT:0x80040255 and so I tried to burn from my windows 7 to see if it did the same thing and it burned perfectly so that told me that the DVD drive was ok. So I did a complete uninstall with Revo Uninstaller deleting all registry keys and folder and did a restart of my computer. Then I took and reinstalled the updated one that I kept on my computer and now it works with no problems. So I would recommend doing that first to see if it takes care of the issue.