Sign in to follow this  
volkerd

UDF 2.5 on DVD-RW

Hello,

I'm new here and even quite new to CD Burner XP. Im using it on my new Win 7 64 Bit system only.

Now one question came up: how do I make an AVCHD DVD or Mini BD disk with a DVD drive and a DVD-RW or DVD-R media using CD Burner XP.

From some older postings I found that it might not be possible using the GUI as the GUI would always use UDF 1.02 when a DVD media is used. But it should be possible on command line with the cdbxpcmd.exe using the -udf:2.5 parameter.

Now I would like to ask if this is true and how I can check if my DVD has really been made with UDF 2.5.

Thanks,

Volker

CDBurnerXP cannot author AVCHDs. For "Mini BD discs" you will need a Blu-Ray burning drive, not just a DVD-RW drive.

Just using a certain file system like UDF 2.5 will not suffice, as AVCHD need to adhere to a certain folder structure and file formats.

CDBurnerXP cannot author AVCHDs. For "Mini BD discs" you will need a Blu-Ray burning drive, not just a DVD-RW drive.

Just using a certain file system like UDF 2.5 will not suffice, as AVCHD need to adhere to a certain folder structure and file formats.

Actually I've been told that it should work with Nero software, so why should it not using CDBurnerXP?

Of course you need to have a software which makes apropriate folder structure and file format, but then it should work. I'm using TsDoctor and TsMuxer for this purpose. The goal is to copy a HD TV stream from free German television to a DVD.

Currently I can make such DVDs and my BD player recognizes this DVD-RW as AVCHD disk, but when playing it it shows many false pixels, so it does look awful. However, it seems not to be a burning problem but a muxing problem when creating the AVCHD stuff.

Anyhow, I' m not an expert on this, doing it first time and still struggeling with this problem. Maybe I should try Nero for this purpose, although I don't like that software.

Volker

So if you already got it to work (except for some graphics issues which should not happen because of the file system), what is your question actually?

My question is, if the cdbxpcmd.exe command line tool does really work with UDF 2.5, even if a DVD-RW is used.

Because I read some postings which tell me that the command line tool is broken or does not work well or something like this.

Basically I do agree to you, the graphics issues should not be related to the filesystem, but who does really know that? Not me.

Volker