Sign in to follow this  
daryl178

Disc-spanning for Blu-ray when any individual file will fit using ImgBurn

I'm attempting to use the disc-spanning feature on a folder tree that contains many large files. The maximum size of any file is exactly 25024000000 bytes and I have ensured they will fit on a single BD-R using ImgBurn with free space at 720, 896 bytes. I created the files from a larger 142 Gb using the following command line:

split --bytes=25024000000 --numeric-suffixes 9741e91d.vhd

I'm getting the message that the file 9741e91d.vhd.000 is greater than a single disc. So, what is the magic number/size that I need to split the larger file into to get the program to span discs?  There are other files in the folder tree; but I'm OK with one disc to be extremely empty.

Thank you

The file "9741e91d.vhd" is not physically in the folder tree that I'm trying to burn. Only the files created from the split plus the various additional files are in the folder tree to be burned. I did check the sizes before posting as well as ensured the split files would fit by using ImgBurn.

Erm...it must be in the folder tree, otherwise CDBurnerXP wouldn't try to burn it. So I don't really know what compilation you are burning exactly, please give some details I can work with.

Sure. I attached a folder tree with sizes. I drag the WindowsImageBackup folder to the BD compilation window and then select disc-spanning with "Blu-Ray Disc Single Layer (25 GB)" option selected using the "Use as few discs as possible" method.

output.txt

So in your case the files you try to burn are almost as large as the raw disc space (1MB smaller). This is a little too large actually. CDBurnerXP requires some disc space for the file system itself (lead-in/out), so your files won't fit.

Ok. I'm not sure why ImgBurn was able to burn that size with lead-in/out included as UDF 2.01 and 720, 896 bytes free. So, what is the minimum space required for CDBurnerXP so that I can split the files at the correct size?

CDBurnerXP reserves approx. 10MB during disc spanning. Other burning applications may work differently and assume other sizes or allow overburning, at this point you can't do this in CDBurnerXP.