Winterlight

4.5.1.003 mp3 will not read with my Sony CMX GT300

I have been using CDBurnerXP for many years with starting with XP Pro and currently using Win 7 Pro. I own a Sony CMX GT300 car stereo that plays mp3 files from data recorded CDs. Every 10 to 14 days I will download a fresh batch of Podcasts and burn them on a CD that I finalize. I have been doing this for years and  have never had a problem with my burned mp3 data CDs until the recent update to version 4.5.1.003.

My computer plays the mp3 disks just fine but my Sony CMX GT300 car stereo no longer recognizes the mp3 files on the disk. It tries to read the disk and then reports no music files.  At first I thought it was something wrong with my files, or maybe the disk was too full, or maybe there were too many files or characters in the root directory, or maybe I need to number the mp3s in some special format to work with the Sony CMX GT300 car stereo. I experimented with all of this but I could not get the Sony CMX GT300 to read the new burned mp3 data disks. The old mp3 disks played fine, but none of the new would be recognized as mp3 audio disks.

Then I decided it must be the blank disks had gone bad but using brand new Memorix disks had no effect. I then tried burning the disks on my laptop which also was using version 4.5.1.003 but that made no difference.

Finally, I uninstalled, and removed all traces of version 4.5.1.003. Then I installed version _4.4.1.3243 and everything is working normally again.

Apparently not. The upgrade must of changed it to UDF when it did the upgrade...why? It never occurred to me that this might have occurred. I have never made a file system change. I have always just used it as it installed.

Current version of CDBurnerXP don't support UDF/ISO/Joliet briges (yet), UDF is the most reasonable default choice in my opinion (though certain devices don't seem to support this file system).

Floele,

I'm having this same problem.

I don't understand all the technical side regarding the UDF/ISO/Joliet bridges, so what is the solution to the problem, in layman's terms, please?

Do I need to uninstall the latest version and re-install the earlier version (if it's still available) so that the car CD player recognises the MP3s?

Thanks for any help.

If you choose  ISO 9660 / Joliet and not UDF, it works,but i don't thinks il's a good solution, because the other software that i use (since the probleme comes), by exemple : the free "power2GO8 essential" burn with UDF without problem.