New and having problems!

I'm new to burning certain types of CDs. I wish to burn some backups of my favorite apps which are on CDs. What do I do?

1. Do I copy the CD to my hard drive by selecting the CD player and right-clicking it and choosing: "Copy" and then paste to my hard drive in a folder in the root directory, appropriately named?

2. And then open CDBurner XP; choose: "File" and then: "Save Image as ISO File"?

3. And then, after the file is saved to the hard drive, choose: "File" and then: "Write Disk from ISO File"?

Will those steps create a CD with the same attributes as the oringinal?

Well, if you want to COPY a CD, then I suggest you use the freeware burnatonce or else because this program has a real copy feature already. I suggest that you won't get very good results doing that manually with CDBXPP, but if you try, you can just drag and drop files from CD and then burn them.

Well, if you want to COPY a CD, then I suggest you use the freeware burnatonce or else because this program has a real copy feature already. I suggest that you won't get very good results doing that manually with CDBXPP, but if you try, you can just drag and drop files from CD and then burn them.

Never used burnatonce and the site won't let me access any help, or instruction files, due to a recent data loss. I have installed it as per your recomendation.

Can you, or anyone, give me a short intro into it's proper use?