miglincit

[4.5.2.4214] dxp cannot handle network files/directories

I am using the 64bit (although the 32 shows the same issue) version.

After storing a project and closing CDBurnerXP i want to open the same project again by double-clicking on the .dxp-file.

CDBurnerXP starts and tries to load the listed files but fails :cry:

Looking into the .xpd-file i found that every listed files is somehow related to my profile-/user-directory.

But also changing the names to either drive-relative and fully network-names did not help.

In the path-name there are blanks.

greetings from Vienna/AUT

Thomas

CDBurnerXP handles network paths just fine. I suppose the files saved in your compilation have gone missing. Please check the contents of the DXP file (open with Notepad) and verify the saved paths still exist. Also, the actual error message CDBurnerXP shows would be somewhat helpful.

The paths  stored in the DXP file were 'wrong' when stored: they do not point to the network drive, but to some directory in my profile.

The error message is the same for every file in my compilation:

<snip>

autorun.inf    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\FromRemovableMedia\014be8a8-d5fb-4f72-a259-0867a7319819\autorun.inf'.    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\FromRemovableMedia\014be8a8-d5fb-4f72-a259-0867a7319819\autorun.inf
shelexec.exe    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\FromRemovableMedia\61ff23fa-e2b4-430d-94e1-c2bfa66c6cad\shelexec.exe'.    C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\FromRemovableMedia\61ff23fa-e2b4-430d-94e1-c2bfa66c6cad\shelexec.exe

</snip>

I am using WIndows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP 1

Thomas

There is a setting in the options that enables or disables caching files from network paths. You should disable it if you do not want this behaviour.

Aha, as this problem is on my PC in the office I can first try on next monday.

But in my understanding caching should not alter the names of the files in a compilation ?!?

Thanx for your support

Thomas