Sign in to follow this  
alex

CDBurnerXP 4.5.2.4214 ignores Default-Configuration files

As with CDBurnerXP 4.5.2.4214 my default configuration file as described in http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/13 is ignored. It was working with version 4.5.1.3868

On Windows 7

C:\ProgramData\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\Application.ini

On Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\Application.ini

My content that now is ignored contains:

[setup]
DisableOnlineUpdate=1

Does the path, filename or option change?

As written above, my Application.ini contains only

[setup]
DisableOnlineUpdate=1

to disable "Automatically download and install updates" because I'm going to deliver new versions to my clients.

I compared two versions of CDBurnerXP:

CDBurnerXP 4.5.1.3868
It is working for Windows 7 32bit and 64bit with this Application.ini in the path
C:\ProgramData\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP

Same for Windows XP in the path
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data
The update option in general settings is disabled and greyed out.

CDBurnerXP 4.5.2.4214
same path, same Application.ini: it is not working anymore on windows 7 32bit, 64bit and Windows XP.
The update option in general settings is enabled and checkable.

Please check this out...

I don't quite believe that there is a difference between those two versions. There haven't been any changes for more than a year to this functionality and it works perfectly fine in 4.5.2.

Not sure if you make your comparison on two different computers, but I'm quite sure you are making a mistake here. Double check that you named the INI file properly (beware of douplicate extensions hidden by Windows). Also, the program data folder should contain a version number folder, use this as indication for whether or not the path is correct.

Ah, I found it. The file "Application.ini" was broken, that my editor has created for the last version. The content is the same but the first bits in the file are different to my old Application.ini and maybe not readable for cdburnerxp. Creating a new Application.ini with a different editor is working in the latest version too. :-)

Thank you! You can close this.