Sign in to follow this  
provobis

SVCD question

First I am really a newbi and have forgotten more than I ever learned if you know what I mean.

I have a SVCD I created so long ago I forgot which application I used to burn it. At this time I can only say it iID's as a SVCD and plays on my DVD player well. The CD is a slide show with background music and captions which I originally intended to send to relatives in France so it obviously had to be playable on French players.

Problem is there are certain mistakes in some spelling captions superimposed on slides (photos) that I would like to correct. In other words I would like to edit the SVCD. If that is possible what software can I use? If not possible what software can I use to extract selected parts, to burn a new SVCD without the mistakes, since I'm not sure if I still have the software I used last time. If I can do that it seems to me I should be able to save selected parts on the old disk to my computer and then add or correct whatever I need to burn a new SVCD.

I presently have Ashampoo Burning Studio 12 software I would like to use to burn the new SVCD. My OS is XP pro

What can anyone advise or recommend?

Thanks

I don't think you can do that. I guess everything is embedded in the video, so it's rather hard to remove any of the text you edited in. Usually you would need the original source video and some kind of SVCD project that contains your editing. In any case, nothing CDBurnerXP can help you with.

I don't think you can do that. I guess everything is embedded in the video, so it's rather hard to remove any of the text you edited in. Usually you would need the original source video and some kind of SVCD project that contains your editing. In any case, nothing CDBurnerXP can help you with.

Thanks floele, I'm sure you're right. I will burn a brand new CD or DVD instead of trying to fix/extract the old one.