Sign in to follow this  
Guest RMJ1940

HP Pavilion dv7 drive not recognized

Guest RMJ1940

DCBurnerXP does not recognize the drive in my HP Pavilion dv7. The drive is listed as a "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]" by the system.

Guest 1worldradio

I have the very same problem with my dv7. Guess I'll just wait with you for an answer to your question. Maybe it's a "Vista" thing!

Guest hans mulkens

I,ve got the same problem with pavilion dv5- 1010ed, i tried everything.....i think it,s caused by a worm or virus which is not detected because it hides in the ports....? I ,ve got no ideas anymore........pffffff, brand new and it worked for 4 days.........damned

Guest EFbl4
DCBurnerXP does not recognize the drive in my HP Pavilion dv7. The drive is listed as a "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]" by the system.

I have HP Pavilion dv7-1175, and DCBurnerXP does not regnize my drive too. ID "IDE\CDRomOptiarc_BD_ROM_BD-5500S_1.83 ", model : Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device. :shock:

Guest john doe
Hi I have the same problem.

I have an HP DV7 1195 eo

Sorry, me again, my dvd is an "Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device"

Guest Winnywindl

Seems, that we all have the same Problem,

now I hope, there is someone who has a solution. I was in a chat with a hp, but the standart answers didn't fix it...

Working for hours too... I can't stand it...

System: HP Pavilion dv7 1198eg with Vista 64 bit

Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S ATA Device

Nero 9 recognizes it, but after 2 seconds burning, nothing goes on and the only way is a hard shut down...

Did someone find a solution to the Nero issue, i got (almost) the same problem.

Nero burns a leadin for 10-15 mins. and appears to be 'frozen' but if i wait it actually finish the burning but it takes 1 hour for the burning(and i disabled verify. I think the normal time is between 10 and 20 mins.

My own PC and my PS3 can read it but my DVD (DIVX) player and my girlfrinds computer cannot. My drive has also trobles reading diffrent original disks, but after a few tries reloading it may succeed.

... forgot to writ that i got a dv7-1098eo with the Optiarc BC-5500S drive too.

... And i've tried an external plextor burner on the computer, it works without any problems, and uses very little time on the leadin and burning.

Well, I think you should provide more information than the PC and drive name. Probably the OS is more important.

I have a HP Pavillion 1155eg with the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L built in AND Windows 7 RC build 7100 64 bit.

Winnywindl posted, he's using Viste 64 bit. What about the others here?

Btw: The built-in Windows burning works.

Martin

Guest Guest

Same problem - "No Compatible Drives"

I have an HP Dv7 - 1264-nr

Vista 64 bit

"HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device"

Blu-Ray ROM, DVDRW, CDRW, Lightscribe.

I have the same problem (No Compatible Drives)

PC: HP HDX 18 1299EB (Notebook)

Drive: HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CT10L ATA Device

Drive works with Nero 9 and Ashampoo Burning Studio

Guest Lincoln

I had Vista 32bit on my MSI EX620 and CDBurnerXP worked...now I have Windows 7 64bit and CDBurnerXP says - no device selected and it won't burn anything...tried some other software and it worked,but I want XP burner...don't know what to do...

WOW, quite a few people experience this problem. My notebook is HP Pavilion dv5-1171en with the GSA-T50L drive. Under Vista x64 CDBurnerXP didn't recognize the drive. Now I run Windows 7 RTM x64 and the issue remains. It seems to be something with all HP Pavilions... :(

Guest lulu

Hi,

I don't know if this helps: I have a Elitebook HP 6930p with the following optical drive : "HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA Device"

I installed several software such as Deepburner or CDburnerXP (latest version) - none of them recognised the drive.

However, Nero StartSmartEssential, which is a limited but free edition of Nero 9 does detect perfectly the device...

After a whole night testing installing/resintalling the device, I'm quite fed up, and will have to content with the limited version of Nero...

Would be great if someone finds the reason, it would be great to be able to use another piece of software.

Good luck for you guys and hope to read good news from you...

Cheers,

Antoine

Guest lulu

sorry, one more thing for the sake of being complete in my description!

* I'm using Vista Business 32b in English

* I tried CDburnerXP in both French and English

* my version of Nero free is in French

Guest fran

Hi everybody

I had the same problem with my HP Pavillon Dv6.

Go to HP website, click on the label 'Support and Drivers' at the top of the home page and click the option 'See support and troubleshooting information'. Choose your product name and GO, select 'Solve a Problem' from the list, then 'CD/DVD and Hard Drives', then 'CD/DVD Software'. on the next page go to the 'HP Notebook PCs -- Troubleshooting Optical Drive Detection Problems' from there download and run 'Microsoft FIX IT' as suggested.

It did work for me! :D

Guest fran

Sorry guys

in my previous message I didn't specified that my problem was the DVDRam GSA-T50L ATA Device driver not recognized.

Good luck

Guest Sergio Bertani
Hi everybody

I had the same problem with my HP Pavillon Dv6.

Go to HP website, click on the label 'Support and Drivers' at the top of the home page and click the option 'See support and troubleshooting information'. Choose your product name and GO, select 'Solve a Problem' from the list, then 'CD/DVD and Hard Drives', then 'CD/DVD Software'. on the next page go to the 'HP Notebook PCs -- Troubleshooting Optical Drive Detection Problems' from there download and run 'Microsoft FIX IT' as suggested.

It did work for me! :D

Hi, I have a Dv6 1215sl, I'll try this evening...if it works,well thank you man!

I Have a HP DV7-1450us model with the HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT20L firmware DC03 drive that is not reconize using the latest version of cdburnerXP 4.2.6.1706, hope Flo can help us all out :D

Forgot to add running win vista 64 home premium if this help???