nhseven

Pops and clicks on burned audip CD.

Just recently I started getting pops and clicks on the tracks when I burn an audio CD.  The mp3's are clean, meaning there are no pops and clicks on the mp3's. 

Burning the same mp3's results in the pops always being in the same location on the track.  I have burned hundreds of cd's previously without any problem and no new software has been installed. I have also ruled out the medium as the problem as I burned the same the songs on cd's from two different manufacturers and got the same results.

No errors are reported and it always says the cd was burned successfully.

How can I fix this?

Finally got around to this.  Attached is one track where the issue is occurring.  There is always a loud pop right around the one minute mark.  There are a couple more before that.

I have burned about 8 CD's that all have pops.  Nothing especially different about the mp3s.  I had burned many more before I started having issues.  I think the problem is the burner.

My PC was still under warranty so a technician is coming out to install a new burner today.  Thanks for checking this.  After I posted the original I checked a few other things that made me think it was the hardware.

Copying an audio CD: The problem that I'm having with the new version is that after each track there is a whoosh or click when I play the new disc in my car player.  I don't see anyone else with a similar problem.