Sign in to follow this  
Sworddragon

Crash if drive is in use

With bad luck I got DVD-RW that my optical drive doesn't like. Trying to write anything on it will result in a scsi error. I wanted also to try to burn something with CDBurnerXP on it but because my optical drive doesn't like the media CDBurnerXP got a busy message from Windows after a few seconds (shown in the screenshot). After clicking on OK a few seconds later CDBurnerXP crashed with this information (It seems not to be possible to copy the detailed informations with Windows XP):

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : cdbxpp.exe     P2 : 4.5.2.4291     P3 : 52328ee7
P4 : cdbxpp     P5 : 4.5.2.4291     P6 : 52328ee7     P7 : 541     P8 : 3f      
P9 : pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx   

Here are some informations of my system and the media:

Operating System: Windows XP SP3

CDBurnerXP version: 4.5.2.4291

Drive: "vendor 'HL-DT-ST' product 'DVDRAM GH24LS50' revision 'YP02'"

Media: "INFOMEDIAA20 , InfoMedia Inc."

post-58315-0-75816100-1381380756_thumb.p

This info alone does not really help, I need to know the module and also stack trace if available. This should be available in the event viewer, even on XP.

Interestingly my optical drive/Windows XP doesn't seem to have problems anymore with these discs and CDBurnerXP doesn't crash due to this. The event logs were already cleared before but if I'm encountering this problem again I will update this thread with the informations of the event viewer.