Sign in to follow this  
mayyoub

hiccups between tracks,

I have been trying to make exact copies of my aerobic workout cds.  Since these are workout cds, the music transitions from one track to another seamlessly/without gaps (I have been successful in making exact copies of these cds with an older sonic burner program time after time).  However, when I tried to make copies with the CDBurnerXP, I get hiccups between the tracks.  I have tried a slower burning speed, but still no success - the original cds are good.  Why can't I make exact copies like I was able to with other programs?

With "hiccups" you mean a few seconds of silence between tracks? If so, you need to burn gapless discs. You can't use the copy disc feature for that though, instead you should create a new audio disc and drag tracks from an existing CD to your new compilation and later select "without gaps" when you're asked.

I tried making copies without gaps, and the CDs still have hiccups - hiccups are not gaps between tracks, but actual disruptions in the sound between tracks.  The original CD transitions smoothly between tracks, but the copies made by CDBurnerXP cannot duplicate the original CD.  I had other programs that were able to duplicate the original CD, but CDBurnerXP cannot perform this task

In this case, however, it's hard to tell whether reading the tracks from disc or burning them again is the problem. You could try ripping the CD with a dedicated tool for that purpose (like CDEx) and then burning the resulting tracks to disc. If that works, we know there is a problem with reading the original disc.