jgdavidson

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

About jgdavidson

• Rank
  1. As you probably figured out, my problem with the Buffalo USB 3.0 External Blu-ray not being seen by CDBurnerXP was in the Data burning mode. At your request, I tried Audio burning mode and CDBurnerXP DID successfully see the USB 3.0 External Blu-ray drive. But, while in Audio burning mode, when I went to Recorder > Device information, only information selection was available for the built-in CD/DVD drives. After that limited success in Audio burning mode, I tried the Data burning mode again, but no luck seeing anything but the two internal SATA CD/DVD burner drives. For the record, my version of CDBurnerXP is 4.3.8.2568. I did one other test. I have a laptop with one built-in CD/DVD burning drive. I plugged the Buffalo USB 3.0 External Blu-ray drive into the laptop and the Data burning mode only displayed the one built-in CD/DVD burner drive. A test of Audio burning mode succeeded in seeing the USB 3.0 External Blu-ray drive, but still nothing changed for the Data burning mode. Finally, I installed the CyberLink Media Suite software [which with the Buffalo USB External Blu-ray drive]. It successfully burned in Data burning mode on both my desktop PC and the laptop. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
  2. I have been using CDBurnerXP for years and never had a problem until today. I am running a Windows Vista 64bit desktop PC with two built-in CD/DVD burner SATA drives. I have now added an External USB 3.0 Blu-ray drive to this same PC. The drive is recognized by Vista. I have a Buffalo USB 3.0 PCIe adapter [NEC USB 3.0 Host Controller]. The external USB 3.0 Blu-ray drive is a Buffalo BR3D-12U3 [HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH12NS30 USB device]. When I start up CDBurnerXP, in the drive list, it only shows the two internal CD/DVD burners. I can not figure out how to add a third drive to the CDBurnerXP drive list. Please advise as to how I can add a third drive to the list. Thank you. Gary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.