Sign in to follow this  
aeon

Error closing disc - session oversize?

Hi I am new to CDBurnerXP Pro - Usually a Nero man - generally I like what I see!

I have done 7 CD-ROM discs so far and have had a couple of errors at the end of the burn process after the 'closing disc' prompt as follows:

Writing Error: (3) Error closing disc

Drive could not position media (1017).

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: 15 ASCQ: 0

These seem only to have happened on larger compilations of about 695mb of data. I am writing to 700mb fuji media on WinXP Home on an HP Pavillion wih an AMD Athlon 2800+ at 2.08Ghx and 1Gb RAM. The recorder fitted is a Samsung SW-248F

The discs themselves do seem to play OK but I guess they were not properly 'closed'? Does the message indicate that there was not enought space on the disc to finish the write-out process? If so perhaps I should not be allowed to burn a disc with this much data on it?

A couple of other things: -

1) I think I am right in saying that if 'burn and close the disc' is checked on the drop-down, clicking burn comes up with the write dialog where this option is NOT checked.

2) On every occasion that I have burn a disc at the end of the process when the write dialog is closed there is a message displayed 'cannot complete the CD writing wizard' asking what to do next... I have always cancelled this and though it is perhaps understandable that it displays when there is an error I cannot figure why it also appears when things have gone through just fine?

1) I think I am right in saying that if 'burn and close the disc' is checked on the drop-down, clicking burn comes up with the write dialog where this option is NOT checked.

It might be that this error also indicates that the session could not be closed. I suggest you try another type of medium.

Guest Chemodan

I experience a very similar bug that drives me mad (because I find CDBurnerXP a great tool!). CDs are fine, but I could not burn a single DVD so far! The error message is as follows:

Writing Error: (3) Error closing DVD-R track

Error trying to write past the end of the media (1021)

Error sense data: SENSE KEY: 5 ASC: 21 ASCQ: 0

Can't be a matter of disc size as I only tried to burn around 2.5 GB.

I use CDBurner version 3.0.115 on a Sony Vaio PIII/Windows2000 and the brand new LG GS- 5120D external Recorder (Firewire; "all DVD formats compatible"). I tried different DVD brands, such as Platinum DVD-R 8x and Verbatim DVD-R 8x Certified. IMHO it is not a media problem as the LG bundled Nero Express burns those discs OK (but is a real PITA otherwise).

Maybe it's got something to do with burning preferences? Or is it a bug?

Help!

Guest Chemodan

Hm, what sort of problem is it?

You don't mean to say you cannot burn DVDs at all, do you?

It would be very useful to know whether it is connected with

- my OS

- my hardware

- the media type (DVD-R)

- the wheather

- the stock market volatility

- anything else

;-)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.