Sign in to follow this  
ferrarabrainpan

Will not recognize useable disc

Been using this program for years, this morning it successfully burned an audio CD with an erased CDRW disc, then I tried to do that again after erasing the same disc and it would keep telling me no useable disc present. So I tried using a regular CDR disc, still will not recognize it. I tried uninstalling the program and rebooting and reinstalling. Still won't recognize blank discs in either drive D or E.

And both drives are recognized in Windows 7 and both drives can burn discs in iTunes.

I had a problem once before where CDBurnerXP could not access the drives while iTunes was open. So I always make sure that iTunes is closed before using CDBurnerXP. That is not the problem now.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it twice today. Still no workee.

If no one can point to a fix here then I guess I will go look for a different disc burning program on Cnet and ditch CDBurnerXP for good. I like the program and would like to get it working again but I don't need insoluble headaches like this...

just tried it out from e-bay ; and would not recieve files from a cd i had loaded a year ago . Wanted to try to download and re-burn some tune ; it would not work :  Any Body no what's up ?  Thanks Maxxx :

Maybe your hardware is broken? It's rather unusual for a piece of software to stop working without any changes to it. A hardware failure seems more likely to me, but feel free to verify that by trying another app like InfraRecorder.

Hi Floele, I have a similar problem with my PC. It used to work all right but now it does not recognize any CD format, audio or DVD or CD rom so I cannot play anything, let alone burn. Had a look at the driver, it's ok and the system [Windows 8]  can't see any problem. Should I remove and re-install it?. If so, how can I get a new one? Thank you.