Sign in to follow this  
McCartyRL

Blue Ray disks show incorrect data size after burning

I'm using version 4.5.3.4643. I use a 2X speed brand of Blue Ray disks. Have burned many of these with CD Burner and never a problem until recently. I've burned 5 disks with 23+ Gigabytes of data. The burns usually take 37 to 41 minutes to complete. The issue is after the burn if you re-insert the just burned disk and examine the contents with Windows Explorer the 4.0+ Gig modules that are on the disk only show a disk size of 335 Kb. I've duplicated this on two different sessions. Not sure why the finished disks do not properly show the content just burned. Appreciate any suggestions. 

The problem is not limited to Blue Ray. Today I burned several DVD/CD disks and all show the wrong data size in Explorer. I uninstalled CDBurner, and removed all customization. I re-installed the app and have the same problem. I also updated the firmware in my LG m-Disc unit and it didn't improve the situation. I did however burn several disks with the Windows 7 built-in burning capability and all disks post burn show the correct data. I'm beginning to suspect an issue with system Dlls or other dependency components.

I've used CDBurner for a long time, but can't keep burning all these coasters. Besides Blue Ray disks are very expensive.