Sign in to follow this  
Burnt up

Problems after burning a disc with files already deleted from Hard Drive

I did a burn on a dual layered disc everything came out fine the files were sitting on the disc all were okay.  I saved the project but deleted the files from my hard drive.  I came back to the project and added some more files I had forgot I had deleted the files from the project from my hard drive. The verification failed obviously because the previous files were no longer on the hard drive I got a message that said some files may no longer be readable- this happened after the second burn. 

Now I can't get the Disc to show any data it just buzzes and bleeps away in my DVD drive.  I have tried ISO buster and Recovery toolbox for CD but they can't read the disc. Is there anything I can do to recover the data?

I definitely checked continue disc on both occasions so I am wondering why some missing files would cause such a problem.

When windows explorer tries to read the disc it eventually stops responding.  What has gone on here?  This has all happened because of some deleted files off the hard drive but were already on the disc why has the disc become unreadable?

I am using version 4.5.3 4746 with windows 7 professional

help appreciated

When you re-open an existing compilation with CDBurnerXP, that misses some files on the hard drive, it will immediately let you know that there is something wrong and also not attempt to burn the missing file. It can't be the reason for a failed bunring process. The error code you got could have helped.

For recovery purposes of broken discs I usually recommend http://www.isobuster.com/.

I could not recall an error code.  Just a message saying not all the files could be verified and some of the data may not be readable.  When I click on the compilation I get a box with the message and list of the files that could not added these are the ones I removed from the hard drive.  I noticed that when I clicked export iso buster automatically came on.  Does that mean the data is recoverable if I buy the license.

Is there away I could find out what the error code is?  I think iso buster did gave an error code.  I will post the error code

You can only get the error code if you make the error appear again. Afaik, ISOBuster can be used for free if you only need to recover some data, not sure if this has changed over the years though (I might have to recommend a different tool then).