gregsander

Audio CD with original track titles

Is it possible to burn an audio and retain the track titles.  When I burn a audio CD the resultant tracks are titled Track01, Track02...  When I choose the files to burn them they have the original title that was given them by their maker.  Can I burn them onto an audio CD and retain those titles?

Thanks

You need to enter the CD-Text when creating the audio compilation (though it's added from MP3 tags automatically). However, the playback device also needs to support CD-Text, otherwise you won't see any of it.

Well I have tried lots of things with no luck.  Is there a workaround someone can suggest?  I want to take podcasts that are currently in MP3 format and burn them to a playable CD for the car.  It seems like I may only get one podcast to fit on a CD anyway so maybe the title can be manually added as a title for the whole CD instead of for individual podcasts on the CD.  I would appreciate any workaround suggestions. 

It is the player in your car that has to support reading the names of the files to work correctly. Just about any half way modern player should be able to do that.

My question is along the same lines, so hoping this isn't considered stealing the thread, but I'd like to know how to make CDBurnerXP display the name of the album when played in car stereo? It always just says no name although the track titles do display correctly.

FWIW,

Using most current version of CDBurnerXP and Windows 7.

Thank you

Depending on who you're replying to, floele, both my car stereo's support it, but when I use CDBurnerXP, neither of them display the artists name.

When I burn a cd using my Debian Linux boxes and K3B, it displays artists name and the name of the songs, every time.

Did you enable CD-Text and did you try to manually specify CD-Text just in case the MP3 tags are not read?

Yes,

CD text is enabled and I'm not even sure how to manually specify it, which I wouldn't want to do anyway. If I HAD to do that, I'd simply use a different burning program!

You can do that in the menu (Disc->CD-Text). Maybe your player only displays the album and not the respective title information. So it might be worth a try filling in the album info (which CDBurnerXP won't do automatically) and check if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure I've tried that before, but will double check on the next disc I burn. Was using an older version of the program up until not to long ago because CDBurnerXP WOULDN'T allow me to disable the automatic checking of program updates. I DESPISE programs that do that!

Will let you know how that works.

Thank you

because CDBurnerXP WOULDN'T allow me to disable the automatic checking

What means "wouldn't"? I see no reason why disabling that should not work.

We're getting WAY off topic now, but just to reply, I ALWAYS uncheck the box to automatically download and install updates, but the program would still try and do just that, in what ever version it was I was using back then. That was at least 2, maybe 3 years ago. Took me a long time before I finally decided to update the program and then that was only because some of the people in the forums at neowin.net said that the program finally quit updating even though that box was unchecked.