[C] v. 4.5.4.4954 Overburning fail

Dear Sirs,

I just installed the topic title release of the software and I'm experiencing a trouble or a bug with data disc overburning.

I need to burn some 770+ MB data on a 800 MB (90 mins) disc; well, on the bottom bar I select the CD size I wanna use, I add the files to burn on the disc to the compilation and...surprise (a bitter one, to be true): the pop-up window informs me that the inserted CD has not enough space for burning.

Oh my...I check the CD and it says GIGATAIN CD-R 90 800MB 90 MIN (Compact disc recordable).

So, I try again and its a constant fight bewteen me and the CD Burner XP: I choose Burn and it says NOT ENOUGH space, I insist, CD Burner XP as well; so me too, the software returns me the same reply.

Who's right? Me, the inserted CD medium or the software?

Two against one, the one wins: I dislike it, 2/3 is major than 1/3; it should do what we (me and the CD medium) are asking for, why it doesn't?

I checked every single configuration option among the settings and I figured it out there's no further option to let the software realize that it's failing: no overburn action could be selected.

Updating my optical disc unit firmware is not such easy as it seems, coz Im on a laptop and Im unable to find the suitable firmware.

Waiting for a prompt reply I remain.

Yours.

John

CDBurnerXP does not currently support overburning for data discs and my fail if you are using 800 MB discs. This should get fixed in one of the upcoming versions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cannot overburn at data, my cdburner vers is 4.5.4.5118

The way I try is, after opening I click at bottom and change to 90 min. The cd, I use is 800mb

its showing correct messure (755mb ok) but when click burn, it will noct and wants to put an 2 mediums