How do I copy a CD? 

I put the source CD in the drive and then use the Copy/Grab function.  It seems to copy the source as an ISO file (Track1.iso)?  Which is 1.4GB in size.

The I get prompted for the target CD:

The following type of disc is required. The process will
continue automatically as soon as it has been inserted.
Required                                     Present
1.28 GB free                               696.23 MB
Empty disc                                  Empty disc

I insert a fresh CD but nothing happens.  It seems like CDBurner wants a 1.28GB CD, which does not exist.

What to do??

14 views so far over two days but no one knows the answer as to how to copy a CD using CDBurnerXP??

Does anyone know if CD copying actually works? 

Or can anyone recommend an alternate product that is able to copy CD's?

I don't know where that 1.4GB number is coming from.  The CD I am attempting to copy is a normal data CD (contains CT scan photos and info).  All I want CDBurner to do is copy what is on one CD to another.  Like a sector to sector copy.  But it doesn't seem able to do this.

Are you sure that the source disc is a "CD" and not a "DVD"? I would highly doubt that actually.

How do I tell the difference? 

And shouldn't the program inform me that I can't copy a DVD to a CD IF the amoundt of data on the DVD is bigger than the CD size?

Well, it did inform you by telling you that more disc space is required. CDBurnerXP otherwise doesn't make any difference between the media types.

You can tell the difference by checking how the disc itself or the box is labeled. Some logos to look for are displayed here: https://cdburnerxp.se/help/Appendices/disctypes

The disc is custom made.  It is a copy of views from a CT medical scan.  There is no indication as to whether it is a CD or DVD.

It just makes sense for the application (that would be CDBurner) display a warning that the source was too big for the target.  Is this too hard a task to accomplish, which is why you don't want to take ownership of the problem?

display a warning that the source was too big for the target.

It does exactly that so I don't see a problem here. You don't even need a DVD, you could also use a Blu-ray. Or if the data is only 900 MB you may not even need a DVD but you could also use a special larger kind of CD-R. There are quite some possibilities.

There is no indication as to whether it is a CD or DVD.

Then you can use the disc info window to determine the type of disc: https://cdburnerxp.se/pages/screenshots/disc-information.png

It does exactly that so I don't see a problem here. You don't even need a DVD, you could also use a Blu-ray. Or if the data is only 900 MB you may not even need a DVD but you could also use a special larger kind of CD-R. There are quite some possibilities.

Then you can use the disc info window to determine the type of disc: https://cdburnerxp.se/pages/screenshots/disc-information.png

I don't want to continue beating this dead horse.  Since the program is free, I guess the old adage that you get what you pay for applies here.

The bottom line is that the information you present in terms of a message is not clear as to what the problem is or what the user should do. I have a lot of years of technology background and you left me scratching my head wondering what the problem was, why you were showing such a high required number and what I should do about the issue.

Again, if it is too much bother to better describe the problem and solution, then as the saying goes, "it is what it is" [shrug].

What I am trying to say is there are many cases where making a distinction between CD, DVD and Blu-Ray isn't necessary in this context.

I will check if I can properly detected the cases where it does make sense and change the display accordingly.