suppice

Where is the download of the minimal installer version (4.5.4.5067) located?

Hi there,

I am deploying CDBurnerXP to my network since the early versions. I deploy your wonderful software using http://wpkg.org and I love it,

but since the latest version was released to your dowload area I am searching for the minimal version. Normally the minimal version

showed up a few day after the release of the normal downloads but not this time. Instead of showing up the minimal version disappeared

from the list of the downloadable options/packages. ( see attached screenshot )

post-59251-0-26293900-1411048651_thumb.j

Could you please give me a hint what´s behind this.

-Is there no more minimal version or even better - has opencandy left the orbit ?

-Can we now use the adfree/adwarefree/3rdpartycrapfree normal version?

-Are there any changes made to the installer command-line switches?

Thanks a lot for one of the best disc-burning programs around... !

Greetings - suppice !

-Is there no more minimal version or even better - has opencandy left the orbit ?

For the moment, I'm collecting donations instead of using OpenCandy, so a minimal version is no longer necessary. I can't tell yet whether or not this will be a permanent change, but rest assured that the minimal version will come back if OC does :)

-Can we now use the adfree/adwarefree/3rdpartycrapfree normal version?

Yes.

-Are there any changes made to the installer command-line switches?

The installer was updated to the latest version of InnoSetup, but I don't think any switches were changed.

Thanks a lot for the fast response - as good as always - Thanks mate !

One question left - do I have to exclude the TuneUp installation via command line and if yes - what´s the parameter?

And hey - Donations are way cooler than crapware :-) THUMBS UP !

Thanks a lot for the fast response - as good as always - Thanks mate !

One question left - do I have to exclude the TuneUp installation via command line and if yes - what´s the parameter?

And hey - Donations are way cooler than crapware :-) THUMBS UP !

Tuneup was an openCandy suggestion..

Well if you use the installer with OpenCandy included and then want to disable it anyway, you can use the /NOCANDY parameter.

Or, do a quick scan with Malwarebytes and it'll be gone too.

Glad to see that Open Candy crap gone!! Might even persuade me to make a donation.

Thanks

Glad to see that Open Candy crap gone!! Might even persuade me to make a donation.

Just keep in mind that this is not be a permanent decision.

Just keep in mind that this is not be a permanent decision.

May i ask why do you switch between donations and OC? I've noticed the donation button is back, so i thought i would donate later, but it is gone already. It's not that everyone wiould rush to donate money right away :)

Please don´t say that the crapware installers are back?!? I can only speak for me and the SysOps, Admins, SystemEngineers around me... We all have two things in common:

1. We love good software that does what it promises... nothing more, nothing less

2. We all hate crapware, bundled software, OEM giveaways, 3rd party AdWare...

A lot of good software was kicked out of our campus for being bundled with some kind of software we don´t want/don´t like !

Please don´t say that the crapware installers are back?!? I can only speak for me and the SysOps, Admins, SystemEngineers around me... We all have two things in common:

1. We love good software that does what it promises... nothing more, nothing less

2. We all hate crapware, bundled software, OEM giveaways, 3rd party AdWare...

A lot of good software was kicked out of our campus for being bundled with some kind of software we don´t want/don´t like !

I don't like OpenCandy too, but...

- No one prohibits you to use other burning software.

- You can skip the installation of the 'crapware'.

- There always is an installer of CDBurnerXP without OpenCandy (see https://cdburnerxp.se/download?more-options ).

@HHerrie

you did not recognize my opening post in this thread did you? Because if that would be the case you´d know that I am absolutely aware of the existence of the minimal installers.

BUT - they were gone for a few weeks - as was open candy, too... Which I felt, was a move in the right direction, away from bundles to donationware.

To giveaway bundles always feels like opening your mail box in front of your house:

-3 Letters - cool

-1 package - cool

-1 catalogue - cool

-25 flyers of advertising-crap nobody needs or wants - uncool

In my opinion the "overhead" of stuff I or WE don´t want and don´t need but we are confronted with every single day gets bigger and bigger and that is a trend that I am not

willing to accept... That has nothing to do with cdburnerxp itself, that is a "global" problem and cdburnerxp is just a single piece of the whole puzzle.

Just my 2 cents...

edit: The fact that the "normal" home user is to much of a "noob" to recognize that he just installed 2 programs instead of just the 1 he wanted is proof enough that bundles

should no be delivered by authors. If I had to guess I would say I "cleaned" about 900-1200 private computers. The worst things messed up machines are trojans/viruses,

preinstalled trial versions and all kinds of ADWare / free bundles / giveaways.... So I think it is still some kind of responsibility of the authors to protect the standard noobs

out there from messing up their systems...

25 flyers of advertising-crap nobody needs or wants - uncool

OpenCandy is a single ad though. Once during setup, and not again at any later point (not while using the auto update feature, not during runtime of the application). So that seems fair.

So I think it is still some kind of responsibility of the authors to protect the standard noobs out there from messing up their systems...

I believe I only have those ads enabled that don't fall into that category.