Sign in to follow this  
hastings

Unable to play audio cd in standalone player

Hi all,

I made an audio cd for my wife's school project, and the burning process went fine.  The audio cd is playable in my PC, but it is not playable on a stand-alone CD player.  I did finalise the disc and the creation process seemed to be fine. 

Was there something I missed, or was there a bug that was addressed in a later release?  I am currently using 4.5.4.4954 with Win 7 Pro.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Hi,

Thanks for responding to my post.

I used a CD-R (Hewlett Packard).  When the first CD did not play in the stand-alone player, I thought I may have had a faulty disc.  I created another and got the same result.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Hi Kot,

In answer to your question, yes, my CD player can play CD-R discs.  I unchecked 'CD-Text' and used a 5 second gap between tracks.  Will try again using 'CD-Text' and will let you know.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Hi Kot,

Got it! :D

I tried just about everything under the sun, then I went out and bought another brand of blank CD-R (in this case Memorex).  I burned the CD and tried it in my stand-alone CD player.  The CD player recognised and played the CD without any problems.

I now remember hearing in the past about certain brands of CD/DVD only working with certain machines.  In the case of the DVD, the stand-alone DVD recorder did not recognise all the commercial brands.  I guess this also applies to stand-alone CD players.

Thank you again for your assistance with this!  It is very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike T.

Hi Kot,

Yes, both discs have the same capacity (700MB/80 min).  I wish I knew why one brand of CD will work and not another.  A grand question for the ages!

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Mike T.