Sign in to follow this  
Guest lobbie1978

Crash after burning audio CD

Guest lobbie1978

Hi guys,

After I burned some MP3 tracks, CDBurnerXP crashes when it returns to the Audio Compilation screen.

I never had this problem before. Maybe it started when I updated to the newest version.

Any idea's?

CDBurnerXP x64 v.4.4.0.2838

Windows 7 Professional x64

Plextor CD drive

6GB RAM

Guest RLR

I had the same problem since the latest update - no error messages, but it freezes.

I've also had it crash in the middle of a burn - disk was spinning at high speed and the OS pops up a message saying that the program has crashed and would I like to close it - I had to reboot to stop the CD from spinning and to be able to open the tray.

Guest lobbie1978
What is a "crash" in your case? Any error messages?

No error messages. The program just freezes and Windows comes up with the 'The program is not responding' message.

Guest lobbie1978

Ow by the way, here is the Windows Event Log entry:

• Faulting application name: cdbxpp.exe, version: 4.4.0.2838, time stamp: 0x4ed801c6
    Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 2.0.50727.5448, time stamp: 0x4e153960
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000532bf5
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

Guest lobbie1978
Ow by the way, here is the Windows Event Log entry:

• Faulting application name: cdbxpp.exe, version: 4.4.0.2838, time stamp: 0x4ed801c6
    Faulting module name: mscorwks.dll, version: 2.0.50727.5448, time stamp: 0x4e153960
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000532bf5
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

And fyi, the above always comes after a .net error:

• .NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5448 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (000007FEDFCF7836) (80131506)

Guest wrzlbrmpft

Have you already found a solution to that problem? I have just got the exact same error with the current version of cdbxpp.exe (4.4.0.2905, both the 32 and 64 bit versions).

Here's the corresponding eventlog entry (following the same .Net error as stated above):

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: cdbxpp.exe, Version: 4.4.0.2905, Zeitstempel: 0x4f077805

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: mscorwks.dll, Version: 2.0.50727.5448, Zeitstempel: 0x4e154bce

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x00005434

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x%9

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x%10

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: %11

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: %12

Berichtskennung: %13

Guest Lex23us

Running Windows 7 Pro SP1 (x64), IE9

CDBurnerXP ver 4.4.0.2905 - the below happens on both the 32 and 64 bit versions.

All other features and types of CD burns have no problem.

Regarding Audio CD burns:

>Creating, Compiling a project works fine

>Burning the compilation works fine

After the burn completes and I return to the compilation screen, everything is frozen, can't even close the program.

Accessing Task Manager > End Task, needs 2 tries.

After 2nd try, program acts normal and ask if I want to save existing compilation, upon selection NO, it closes.

Once in a while it will say the program has stopped working.

Sometimes it will shut down, other times must use the Task Manager > End Task.

Guest Lex23us

Can you post a link to 4.3.9 in:

Portable version

64 bit

without OpenCandy ?

Note: the problem occurs in both the current installable and portable versions.

My preference is the portable.

Guest Craig

When burning audio CDs I have the same problem. When done burning and the main window reappears I cannot do anything except close with Task Manager. There is a window underneith the main window asking a question and the input focus is on that window. However, the main window covers it up and I am unable to get to it therefore requiring using task manager to close down. I did not experience this priot to version 4.4.0.2905.

Guest Lex23us

Flo,

I downloaded and tried out the Portable x64 ver 4.3.9.2809 per the link provided.

The problem that I described with making an Audio CD DOES NOT EXIST with this 4.3.9 version.

Hope this helps sort out the issue.

I just downloaded the latest version. Program freezes after audio cd burn. I have virtualbox installed on my system, if that makes a difference. Have downloaded and installed 4.3.9. I will report back if that works OK.

Guest Lex23us

Tried out Portable version 4.4.0.2971 (64bit)

So far All works well.

The hang after burning an Audio CD is gone for me.

Guest JGC
OK, this is only a temporary fix though until StarBurn releases a new working version of their component.

4.4.0.2971 appears to have fixed the hang after burning audio cd.

When burning flac files in the versions that had issues I noticed that the decompression screen would only be visible for a second. This version I see that it decompresses the flac files completely before beginning burning (like it did in the previously working 4.3.9.2809 version.

Thanks!

Yeah, future versions will have "native" FLAC support and thus be faster, but there are still too many issues with the more recent component.