CD RW not being seen by CDburner XP

Hello All

I am trying to burn a Data file, if I go to Data, I get an error after it searched USB etc that there is no CDRW or it is busy. However if I try to make an .iso image it sees my burner and I am good to go.

I am using an Atapi CDRW 52x24 USB Device. Does anyone have any thoughts, it also looks like Media Player 9 does not seem my device either, however if I go into Device Manager on 2003 Enterprise Server, the CDRW is fine there with no YEllow or red signs. One last thing, the machine is a USB 2.0 and the server has USB 1.1, would that make a difference?

Thanks

Paul

go to my computer right click on the RW drive i asssume the os is not having any problems seeing the drive select properties go to the recording tab check or uncheck enable cd recording on this drive also stefan has released a new version 2.2.3 try downloading this version see if that fixes your problem i had this with a usb drive before

quote:
Originally posted by caymangolfer

Does anyone have any thoughts, it also looks like Media Player 9 does not seem my device either, however if I go into Device Manager on 2003 Enterprise Server, the CDRW is fine there with no YEllow or red signs. One last thing, the machine is a USB 2.0 and the server has USB 1.1, would that make a difference?

id="quote">

id="quote">

Is there no burning application that is able to access the drive?

If not, install some freeware programs (burnatonce, DeepBurner, burn4free) and test.

I've experience the same problem too. No CD-RW is detected when i try to make a Data Disc but when trying to make an .iso image it detects my TDK burner. I'm using Windows Server 2003 and CDBurner XP Pro Version 2.2.3

Just installed CDBurner XP Pro Version 2.2.4 but sad to say, the problem with the missing CD-RW is still not fixed yet. Hope it'll get fixed in the next upcoming release...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem with 2.2.4 on Windows XP Pro Sp1. The program loads OK when logged in as administrator, but plain users cannot get past the above-mentioned warning. This despite installing for "all users". Manually freeing up permissions for users doesn't help either.

Polycarp