Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottsPost

SENSE KEY Writing Errors -- Win98. Any expert who can help?

Guest ScottsPost

HELP!!

I'm a newbie with a problem. Installed XP3 because I lost the software that came with my generic (ATAPI) CDRW burner. I'm running Win 98 1st Edition, but want to upgrade to 98SE. Want to back up data onto a CD first, though, in case of crash. Having trouble.

Each time I try, I get a little ways into the burning process (seems to be burning successfully) when it bugs out with this message, and others similar:

---Writing Error: [3] Error occurred writing data to disk.

---A seek command was interrupted by another command (1053).

---Error Sense Data. SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: 2 ASCQ: 0

Am I using the wrong settings? Do I need special drivers for Win98? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help ASAP.

Scott

You can copy me at Scott@SalesAdrenaline.com

-

-

Guest Diosca Ilúsáide

I get similar error messages to Scottspost when I try to burn a data DVD but with the difference that I've already burnt 2 data DVDs successfully, no problems at all, so I don't think it has to with any ASPI drivers I didn't download (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to burn the 2 DVDs I did burn). In my case, the burning process doesn't even begin. When I press WRITE TO DISC (I think that's the comand) the software just closes/exits.

It's very puzzling and frustrating. Why was I able to burn the 2 previous DVDs (I haven't installed any software on my computer since I burnt the 2 DVDs) and am not able to burn a DVD now?

Thanks,

DDI