Sign in to follow this  
bnc_reg

Burning seems to starts but get stucks and I'm forced to do hw reset

Hi, I'm using CDBurnerXP for a long time but soon after upgrading to the latest release 4.5.4.5306 I could not burn a cd.

When I clic "burn" the burning window appears and it seems to start but it remains like that forever, without burning or giving errors.

I can't close of force-close CDBXP, I can't extract the cd with software or hardware buttons, I can't turn off or restart the pc (still I can work at everything else like nothing happened). I can only press hardware reset button.

I am on win8.1, my burner is a LG GH24NSB0. I tried upgrading its firmware but nothing changed. I had to install another burning software that happens to work fine.

Any suggest?

Thanks in advance

Yesterday I could burn a cd but it's not working, today I did one succesfully but it's still veryfing it at 0% after about 6 hours (and in the meantime I took the cd, that is working). I now have a 14MB log file, I doubt even pastebin can handle it....

How exactly did the burning process work out for you? According to your log file, CDBurnerXP has been working for half an hour without any obvious issue (need to let StarBurn check though).

I wanted an MP3 cd so I put the blank cd in, open cdbxp and drag all the files I wanted in the lower panel; I then burnt the cd asking to verify data and eject the cd once done; some time after the burn process was completed, while it was verifyng data, something near 17% it stopped working and responding. Before enabling SPTD I had to power-reset the pc even just to have the unusable cd; now, with SPTD (or just a coincidence?), I can press the eject button on my burner and use the cd, that's working good: cdbxp does not notice I took the cd.