Sign in to follow this  
Dave Ussell

Hard drive image to iso (not c: drive)

Can I use CDBurnerXP to create an image of my entire e: drive to an iso file?  e: is a bootable drive temporarily removed from a laptop.

It look as if it can do it but I get the error:  The ISO image cannot be created for the following reason: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800402A0

There is much more space on the destination drive than is necessary.

Ideas or software recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

No, that's not quite the intended use. Making an ISO image from HDD isn't reasonable anyway, because your HDD is organised in a completely different file system than optical discs.

You can however create a new data compilation, drag & drop all files into it and then save as ISO. This is not an "image" of your HDD, but it contains all its files (at least those that are accessible). If you want to do that for backup purposes: Don't. Use a proper backup software like Acronis to create a full "image" of your hard disk.