tizzo

Many open files creating compilation from Samba share

Not sure whether this is a bug, a feature request, or neither, but I've been having a problem trying to create a compilation from a very large directory structure on a Samba share mounted from Windows 7.  If the compilation is large enough, CDBurnerXP will open (and evidently not close) many files all at once.  On the server this manifests as log entries saying "out of file structures".  On the Windows client, it manifests as the connection appearing to be lost.

I've tried to work around this by trying to add files and folders to the compilation in batches, in the hope that some of the files will be closed after being added to the compilation, so that I can go ahead and add some more, but this does not seem to work.  It seems that (at least as far as the server is concerned), CDBurnerXP is not closing the files it opens until I close the program itself.

Is this something you might be able to take a look at?  Thanks.

Tony

Yes, I know about this and it's considered a feature, but still something that needs to be changed or at least optional. StarBurn didn't provide such a functionality yet unfortunately, so I have to continue bugging them about that.

Although I can't find it now, I thought I saw something a while (ie months) ago about StarBurn fixing this.  I updated to the latest version last night and tried it again however and it still seems to be happening.  Do you know whether this is supposed to have been fixed yet or not?  Perhaps it was made optional and I just didn't look for the configuration setting?  Thanks.

Tony