Hello,

I'm trying to create a bootable linux iso file, after I extract the iso, added some fw-updtaes and created a iso file again. It's a HP firmware update disk. They are using isolinux.

I unziped the iso I can see a file "... \[bOOT]\Bootable_NoEmulations.img I read in 7Zip forum, it should be the boot sector file. When I add this img file into boot options and create iso file, but it dont boot.

What about boot options load segments and sectores? I added a screenshot of my configurations.

I tested mkisofs.exe too, but no luck in Windows enviroment.

Thanks for all comments.

post-59625-0-52737200-1430837648_thumb.p

It seems to be a problem with boot sector files. With UltraISO I could create my boot disk, but the 300mb limitation was the final problem. So I created a Windows PE boot disk and it works well.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Did you solve it as I'm faching exactly the same problem with HP firmware DVD.

I could only solve it by using another software called "ImgBurn".

This has one additional option which seems to be missing in "CDBurnerXP" which is called "Patch Boot Information Table".

For the boot image you have to specify "isolinux.bin" from system folder.

Would be nice if "CDBurnerXP" would also support this missing option.

Cheers.