Teacup

CD Text

Since the latest upgrade to CDBurnerXP the Disc Name, Disc Artist and Album Title fields do not appear on the disc itself. Track Name and Contributing Artist appear ok.

I recognized the same problem since spring 2015. The last version that writes Album Artist and Title I have saved on HHD ist 4.5.4.5143 from November 2014 :-(

I've tried several PCs, CD-Writer-Drives, CD-R's and Disc-Player, it's always the same. 

Thank's for debugging!

PS: I'm missing a list with changes from version to version - or does it exist?

Ralf, Germany

It's hard to believe that no later version works. For example, 4.5.4.5306 didn't have any notable changes and should work just as well (see https://cdburnerxp.se/en/development?full and download at http://download.cdburnerxp.se/).

It would help quite a bit to know which version does not work for you anymore. In 4.5.5.5571 we updated StarBurn for example, which shouldn't break anything but could.

Hello,

sorry for my late answer, I've got some trouble.

Thanks for the links to cdburnerxp-history and old versions. I didn't find this before.

In this morning I took some time to test some versions:

4.5.4.5143 CD-Album-Text works

4.5.4.5306 CD-Album-Text works (last version without this bug)

4.5.5.5571 CD-Album-Text does'nt work (first version with this bug)

4.5.5.5XXX CD-Album-Text does'nt work

4.5.6.5844 CD-Album-Text does'nt work

Well, it seems, that the update of StarBurn in 4.5.5.5571 may cause the problem.

Thanks!

Then StarBurn probably made a change in 15.4 that now causes CD-Text to fail. Please provide a log file using the latest version of CDBurnerXP (see https://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18) and preferably also an image of the whole disc. If you have any disc imaging tools, you can use them, otherwise try creating an MDS image using CDBurnerXP.

I'll give the information to StarBurn then, so that they can look into it further.

Hi,

I've created those files (3 MB and 99 MB) by using Audio Projekt with 3 songs.

How can I attach? The Captcha for secure email-adress of impressum is not shown today :-(, so I#ve no email to send to.

Thank you for providing the links. I downloaded version 4.5.4.5143, but still seem to be having the same problem. Both the "Title" and "Artist" columns can be edited, but not the "Album" column. I'm guessing that the "Album" title will not be written to the disc.

CD Text works fine now. Thanks.

Hello,

I have a similar problem and I'm using latest version (4.5.6.5931) and when recording a cdr (audio disc) and although the columns Title, Artist and Album are filled, when recorded and playing on my cd player (Marantz CD6005) it shows only the song name, as for the other fields, the cd player displays: No artist name and No album name.

I've searched on the net and there are some complaints about this and one person managed to solve this: after all tracks have been added and despite appearing the song title, artist and album name it recorded only the song (title) name, so what he did was selecting all tracks, going to properties, then on the upper field on "Disc Information" he wrote on the Title the artist name and album name, clicked ok and recorded the cdr, then it worked, ir appeared the text with song name, artist and album, I did the same and it worked.

But there is a slight problem: what if you make your own compilation?? then if you write the artist name, it will appear on all songs the same artist name, and as this is a compilation, it's no good since it's from different artists, then how do you solve this out???

On my Cd player's remote I click on song (title) name, Artist name and album, and on artist name it appears all the same as above explained, so for compilations this thing that guy discovered doesn't only works, only for the same album of same artist, otherwise you will have all tracks named with same artist.

Doesn't the CD Burner XP should record cd text as it appears on the correspondent columns as we  see it when we add the tracks despite it or not from the same artist?

Please any suggestions or some type of upgrade to fix this? Anyone facing the same problem, or anyone who has the same cd player??

thanks and regards from the Azores Islands - Portugal

J.Costa

Edited by J.Costa

Does it work if you fill the track information (Disc -> CD-Text in the menu) manually?

No my friend, I tried that too, and it doesn't work, actually there are some people complaining about this, but this is freeware therefore we have to accept what's being given...lol anyway only works as above said, for the entire cd from the same artist, you select all tracks click on properties and then on the upper field, you fill up the tittle (disc) and artist name, this is what is going to be on the cd text, despite of what is written manually, the only thing that doesn't suffer from this is the track name, it appears as you see them, but this is what I said, this solution only works for a disc from same artist, if it's a compilation you make then there will be no artist name because each song has a different artist...Is there a solution for this? How to contact the developer(s) in order to explain this and maybe cd text will appear in a future upgrade as seen on the bellow field where shows the track, artist and album?

thanks for your attention on this Floele

Edited by J.Costa

Hello,

I have a similar problem and I'm using latest version (4.5.6.5931) and when recording a cdr (audio disc) and although the columns Title, Artist and Album are filled, when recorded and playing on my cd player (Marantz CD6005) it shows only the song name, as for the other fields, the cd player displays: No artist name and No album name.

I've searched on the net and there are some complaints about this and one person managed to solve this: after all tracks have been added and despite appearing the song title, artist and album name it recorded only the song (title) name, so what he did was selecting all tracks, going to properties, then on the upper field on "Disc Information" he wrote on the Title the artist name and album name, clicked ok and recorded the cdr, then it worked, ir appeared the text with song name, artist and album, I did the same and it worked.

But there is a slight problem: what if you make your own compilation?? then if you write the artist name, it will appear on all songs the same artist name, and as this is a compilation, it's no good since it's from different artists, then how do you solve this out???

On my Cd player's remote I click on song (title) name, Artist name and album, and on artist name it appears all the same as above explained, so for compilations this thing that guy discovered doesn't only works, only for the same album of same artist, otherwise you will have all tracks named with same artist.

Doesn't the CD Burner XP should record cd text as it appears on the correspondent columns as we  see it when we add the tracks despite it or not from the same artist?

Please any suggestions or some type of upgrade to fix this? Anyone facing the same problem, or anyone who has the same cd player??

thanks and regards from the Azores Islands - Portugal

J.Costa

I have ver 4.5.6.5931 and I don't get anything.  No song name, no Artist name, no album....  nothing.  All i get is track(#).cda and that is it.  I tried the method you described and that didn't work either.  I don't even get the song title.  It's like somewhere between the recorder and the writer my computer decides "Nope! Not going to Write this (explicitive).

Screenshot (10).png