Can't burn audio CD on Windows 10

Hey there,

I recently tried to burn an audio CD on my laptop running Windows 10 (build 10240). Two problems made it impossible to do so:

1. When I tried to add.wav files, CDBurnerXP refused to use them claiming they are DRM protected. This is not the case, I myself created the files and didn't add any DRM.
  2. As a workaround I tried to add the same files converted to .mp3, but CDBurner refused to use them telling that they are in the wrong format. Interestingly, with Windows 8.1 it works flawlessly by converting the .mp3's to .wav files.

I've tested this with the latest version (4.5.5.5790).

Regards,

Markus

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Markus, I have been having the same problem. I was told that mirco-soft was involved in a law suit regarding their media software burner. They lost. So there is no was to burn a CD with windows 10. The windows 10 media player will only play not burn a CD. I know that's not much help. I recently reinstalled windows 7 however the burner is now not functioning since the windows 10 installation.  Bob